ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:34 am 
Local

On the makeshift stage in the Dark, Dank Basement™, the LovelyAngel steps up to the microphone stand and addresses the crowd.

"Thank you all for coming on such short notice to this year's Kyhm Forums Halloween Party! It's been a while since we've had one, and I thought that while I was in the area for a couple of days, we might be able to pull one off. Turnout has been great, and I hope more folks will continue to trickle in.

"I'd like you all to take a moment to help out one of our attendees, the Wandering Idiot, who currently is here as a meme. If you can give some thought to him, maybe he'll actually make a physical appearance for us."

A murmur rises up from the crowd, but after a brief pause the LovelyAngel continues talking.

"I'd like to perform for you a song that I've been practicing. And I'll say up front that while I like my costumes to be authentic, I know that Haruhi doesn't actually use a Stratocaster." The LovelyAngel grins and pats the body of her guitar, "But this one is my personal baby, and it's very special. It's custom built and is perfectly coordinated to the colors of my Sizzler Black.

"But enough of that. Let's rock!" The LovelyAngel nods to one of the Boggans at the side of the platform. The room lights dim, a spotlight illuminates the LovelyAngel, and a video flashes on the large screen behind and above the stage. The sound of drums and guitar erupt from the speakers, and then the LovelyAngel starts to sing...

Haruhi Sings "God Knows" (YouTube)

Post subject: Coming Up: The Blues Brothers Showband & Revue
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:38 am 
Addict

As Lovely sings something from "The Melancoly of Haruhi Suzumiya," Band and Unit get themselves in an area to remember the moves they did years ago.

"No Unit, shuffle THEN slide."

Unit: "Oh yeah...*hic*...I forgot."

"Yeah, we're so gonna bomb, but it'll be a blast."

Band then turned his attention to Lovely as she finished up her set and bowed to an ovation from the crowd. She then takes the mic and tries to play it off as "It could've been better." Band and Unit get ready on the side of the stage as Lovely announces them onstage.

Thank you everyone, you're all so nice...and I'm sure a bit tipsy but I'll take all the claps I can get. Thank you all again. And now, for your listening pleasure: Just back from their 6 year tour of Europe, Asia & the Sub-Continent. Would you please welcome from Calumet City, Illinois - The vocals of "Joliet" Jake & Elwood Blues: The BLUES BROTHERS!

As she gets off the stage and enjoying another can of Kyoto Kola, Band and Unit get back into the routine and bust out their performance.

"Everybody Needs Somebody to Love" - The Blues Brothers on Youtube

After doing their set, they get some hoops, hollars & a fair bit of beer bottle tossing after someone (staring at actor's direction) thought it would be great to do their own rendition of being in Bob's Country Bunker after hearing "Rawhide." Making their way off the stage, Band runs into Lovely and gives a big hug and kiss.

"You did real good there, kiddo. Haruhi would be proud. Of course now this means I have yet ANOTHER collection of music I have to get. Gotta make mental note: Get Sountrack to Haruhi Suzumiya."

Lovely laughs and flashes that beautiful smile she always flashes.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:52 am 
Local

"Band, you and Unit were awesome! You had the crowd eating out of your hands! Thank you soooo much for performing" The LovelyAngel looks lovingly at her friend from the old forum. Gosh, has it been five years since they met at the old forum's Initiation Fight?

She breaks out of her reverie. "And it's really great to see you again, Band! You are looking well, my old friend."

The crowd has started to dissipate. It's well after midnight. The LovelyAngel wonders where the costume judges have gone. They probably had too much b33r and have dozed off somewhere she thinks, noting a few of the bodies lying on the floor behind some of the tables. If the party ends as quickly as it did Back In 2001, attendees will end up claiming their own trophies and prizes. Ah, perhaps it's just as well. The party has been a lot of fun, but the LovelyAngel is getting tired, and it's probably time for her to fade back into the shadows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:39 pm 
Addict

[OOC] Godammit, I missed it. I forgot Halloween was coming up so soon, otherwise I would have made more of an effort to get back to the board that day. Ah well. I had some fun things planned for the self-aware memeplex-costume, but they were probably too ambitious for a couple-day thread anyway. The interesting thing is that since memes are information, they can exist through the medium of a message board just as well as any communication medium, so my costume technically did exist. I was going to give some examples of how to manipulate it and let people play around with it. Maybe I'll work the idea for my RP game somehow (which I am determined to run at some point, mostly just because I came up with too many cool ideas to let them go to waste). Memes are common, self-aware ones not so much (aside from the idea of memes itself, as has been noted many times).
[/OOC]

Spools-bot, who had been deep in drunken conversation with a few of the more brainy attendees over by the ice chest, suddenly speaks up. "I, as a node of the current form of the Wandering Idiot, would like to announce that there never was a Wandering Idiot memeplex in the first place, as such. When he dissolved his physical form the only thing he put directly into our brains was the idea that there was.

Well, that and the ferret thing.

Anyway, all the actual properties and actions of him were thought up by ourselves, which when shared, are what actually created the memeplex. So let's hear it for, uh, pointless emergent meme creation! I think.

Also, I'll juuust grab this 'most unusual' award on behalf of the memeplex as a whole. What? Did anyone else come as an abstract self-aware conceptual construct that also exists in the meta level of reality? No, I didn't think so. Shut up, RMG.

Plus, you know what leads to world peace? Totally ferret mustaches."

Spools looks a bit puzzled after this.

"ROBO-SPOOLS NEEDS MORE B33R. LARGE WORDS CONFLICTING WITH CURRENT STATE OF INTOXICATION. SOLUTION: DRINK UNTIL ALL LARGE WORDS FORGOTTEN. EXECUTE."

Last edited by Wandering Idiot on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:39 am 
Addict

POLYSYLLABIC PROFUNDITIESESESESES GLITCH GLITCH TIES NOW CORRUPTED.

THANK YOU FOR THE AWARD FOR MOST METALLIC/COMICAL

WE NOW RETURN TO OUR REGULARY GLITCH LARLY IGNORED PROGRAMMING

ROBOT SPOOLS THOUGHT THIS WAS AN ENDLESS PARTY BUT I GUESS ME AND KENJI URADA WILL HAVE TO START OUR OWN.

PLEASE CONFIRM, KENJI URADA.

PLEASE CONFIRM.

HEY KENJI

OH SHI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:10 am 
Local

The LovelyAngel is walking away from the refreshments table and passes in front of the Robot when she hears a remark about the endless party. She doesn't know if the Robot actually vocalized the comment... or if she gathered a thought through the mecha-psychic connection she has with Gunbusters and other like mecha. But she turns and responds regardless.

"The Never-Ending Party goes on forever, but individual celebrations -- holidays, birthdays, et cetera -- come and go. Each celebration lasts only as long as the momentum generated by attendees. Hallow33n might be two days -- or two weeks, depending on the contributors. In general, though, it's really hard to keep going with just a handful of people. But feel free to party on, everyone!"

The LovelyAngel wanders through the crowd and heads towards one of the more shadowy parts of the Dark, Dank Basement™. The odds are astronomically against her finding a certain red and white cart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:39 am 
Addict

Band smiles as he thinks of the past with the Mecha Brawl in Pullman, the Initiation Fight (which he still has animosity for Treespeaker about) and the fun times in Bimbo's B&G.

"Well, I'm just glad you're still kickin' and enjoying life. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more."

As they converse, Band notices Lovely heading towards a dark corner. He puts a hand on her shoulder.

"I don't think he's coming. It has been a while since Enforcer's slipped in here with his Popcorn Cart. I'm sure he's doing just fine. Have faith."

Band gives her one more kiss on the cheek

"Listen, I've gotta get going. Need to get Elwood back to his domicile in Ann Arbor while he can still sleep it off. I'll keep an eye out on ya, you hear?"

The two share a moment that old friends do all the time, then Band helps Unit out of the Basement, Trophy for "Most Authentic" in tow. Thanks to the inebriation, it takes him a good 15 minutes to get Unit into the '63 Continential. After just getting him to lay down on the back bench, Band gets behind the wheel and drives off into the twilight harkening All Souls Day.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:39 am 
Local

After Band and Unit leave the basement, the LovelyAngel watches the party from the shadows. No Jordans or Bimbos are to be seen; those days are long gone. One of the Sarines still remains and is trying to sing karaoke on the temporary stage... the Evanescence song "Call Me When You're Sober" booms from the speakers... a small crowd hoots encouragement to the singer.

I have to give this group credit... there's still a lot of creativity and ingenuity here she thinks to herself as she spots a 6-ft tall (working) pink iPod nano, an Amaterasu white wolf, a walking vending machine (don't ask what it dispenses!)... and even Wolfie somehow hanging upsidedown from the ceiling, drinking a b33r through a crazy straw.

It's been a good visit, and while she'd love to stop in at Bimbo's Bar & Grill, there just isn't enough time in the LovelyAngel's schedule. There's never enough time. She has to get back to her lair, where her Sizzler Black is awaiting repair. Her mech had taken quite a beating on the last mission, but somehow the LovelyAngel had piloted the crippled Gunbuster safely home. Barely. The next mission looks again to be a long one, and she doesn't know when she'll return to this place. I hope there's always room in this Universe for dark, dank basements and noisy bar & grills.

The LovelyAngel walks back into the lit portion of the basement. As she passes the trophy table, she snares the "Most Kawaii" trophy -- for old time's sake.

"Minnasan, arigatou!" the LovelyAngel waves and says to no one in particular... and then walks up the stairs to exit the basement. Outside, she sets her Fender Stratocaster and her trophy onto the passenger seat of her red Tesla Roadster. In a few moments the LovelyAngel speeds silently into the West, beneath a night sky faint with stars and clouds.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19