ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Never-Ending Forum: A Keenspot RP Retrospective
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:18 pm 
Local

OK. I confess. I'm an elder from the Old EN Forum on Keenspot -- but just barely, since in the old forum I was just a n00b. Still, as an expatriate from the old forum I qualify for my elder designation, and I'd like to think I was a part of the Golden Age. Plus I did give BiShouNenKaMi inspiration as I was the first to coin the term "Keenspot Academy."

In honor of the Five-Year Anniversary of the Exodus from Keenspot, I present a retrospective -- the best (IMHO) of the Golden Age from the Mother Forum. The Initiation Fight was completely unrecoverable at Keenspot, but I kept a copy for myself (although a half-dozen or so posts were lost at the end as the thread unraveled in the corrupted database). I was pleasantly surprised recently to find the other threads still in the Keenspot forum.

The Initiation Fight (Partial/Corrupted)(2001.10.07)(Personal Archive)

Keenspot Academy (Scrambled/Corrupted - BiShou's initial post is halfway down)(2001.10.21)

The Never-Ending Party (original)(Scrambled/Corrupted)(2001.10.24)

The EN Super Brawl (2001.10.27)

Exploiting Hallow33n (2001.10.31)

Super Mecha War Zone (2001.11.16)

EN Forum Character Bios (2001.11.25)

Just like old TV shows that are released on DVD, the old EN Forum just won't go away. Enjoy.

(I need to make copies and unscramble the messed up threads. Reading the posts out-of-sequence is really confusing. Gomen.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:18 am 
Addict

Holy shit...didn't think all these would still be in Keen's nooks and crannies. Just goes to show that nothing digital is EVAR truly destroyed. There's always a place for it to fester and keep holding on.

At least thanks to this, I can get the remaining 4 pages of the Mech Brawl.

Thanks, kiddo.

*Gives LA a big ol' hug*

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:46 am 
Local

*hugs Band in return*

I'm thinking I need to make personal archives of these pages before they disappear from Keenspot. Don't know when I'll have the time; hopefully the threads aren't going away anytime soon. Yeah, I was really surprised to find them.

There's one more entry I found that I had completely forgotten about: Autumn 2001 RECAP. I'd like to track down all the topics listed in that post, archive them, clean them up (fix scrambled sequence of posts), and relink them from a revised recap post.

I also need to make a personal archive of the new Never-Ending Party and Bimbo's Bar & Grill. We did some good things there. Besides, those topics are my babies. (^_^)