ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 1-03-2007 "If I had a silver for every time..."
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:50 pm 
Local

So, how much worse does the death of your sister hurt if you confirm the fact that you'd have been able to save her, especially if you could have also cured your mother of the depression that caused her to kill herself and her daughter?

onion wrote:
Yup, round here we call this 'fishing for whores'...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:53 pm 
Local

Be healed.

At least, that's my take on it. I've come around to the belief that Ian is an irredeemably Good Guy (tm), and will always commit the Right Thing, no matter what circumstances or conditions. Wig out and blast the inane-chatterboxes? Glass the town? He's not that lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:42 am 
Local

It's difficult to tell from the one frame, given the angle, but is Ian casting (whatever it is he's casting) on all three of them, or just past Meji and Riley straight at Leah, with Meji and Riley just behind the healing-magic-beam or whatever from our camera angle?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:48 am 
Expatriate

He does seem to have a very disconnected expression on his face.

Altho the way he turns and puts his arm out like that, it's a deliberate action.

Which means he's deliberately trying to accomplish something. Either it being shutting up the three behind him, or healing McHackedy Coughcough.

... He doesn't appear to be going all 'splody, literally or other wise. And his deliberate action seems to indicate he has a...

The hell are these? :911: :canada:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:33 am 
Local

If Ian were just blasting something, it'd simply be gone by now. I don't think this is a magic death ray, although the jury's still out on whether the effect is going to be pleasant.

KurtDunn wrote:
The hell are these? :911: :canada:

Looks like an eagle crying in front of the American flag, and a beaver crying in front of the Canadian flag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:47 am 
Native

He's casting past Meji and Riley at Leah, meaning it's probably a healing spell. Also, Errant Story seems more like Lunar every day (silver was the main currency in Lunar, as opposed to gold).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:18 am 
Addict

He's not trying to heal - he's still trying to come to grips with the death of his family so he's just doing a force blast with his hand to shut them up by knocking them on their collective asses.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:42 am 
Local

Everyone who bet on Ian healing Leah within the next three strips appears to be holding a lucky card.

I admit, my first thought was *splody!* -to which I was shocked but pleased- and my next thought was, "oh shit, he healed her."

Now, if he'd just adjust Riley for me... But Leah wouldn't like that. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:54 am 
Native

As much as I respect Uncle Pervy, I must disagree. Ian's healing Leah, THEN he'll lose it (I have the power to heal her, Icould'vehealed themIjustdidn'tgethereintimeandnowIwon'tgetthechanceAAAAARRRGGGGGHHH). Then things start exploding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:37 am 
Addict

<i>"The Cure,"</i> always a fav group with fans of the classics. Of course, this blows Ian's cover, him being the adopted Son o' God and all.

Also, using silver as the basic unit of middle-class coinage keeps this world in line with ours. Copper is for pocket change and peasants. Paper/parchment/cloth media and gold are for very high-end economies and classes.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:37 am 
Expatriate

Yorik wrote:
He's casting past Meji and Riley at Leah, meaning it's probably a healing spell. Also, Errant Story seems more like Lunar every day (silver was the main currency in Lunar, as opposed to gold).

"I got 20 silver that says we can take him!"

Man I loved that game.

Anyway. I'm with the school of thought that says it's a healing spell, with a small force blast added to get Meji and Riley out of the damned way.

Post subject: Got nothin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:10 am 
n00b

Tossing back his black cloak, Elan Morin flexed his hands.

"A pity for you," he mused, "that one of your Sisters is not here. I was never very skilled at Healing, and I follow a different power now. But even one of them could only give you a few lucid minutes, if you did not destroy her first. What I can do will serve as well, for my purposes." His sudden smile was cruel. "But I fear Shai'tan's healing is different from the sort you know. Be healed, Lews Therin!" He extended his hands, and the light dimmed as if a shadow had been laid across the sun.

*cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:34 am 
Tourist

I wonder if Ian takes apologies as well as Lord Vader does?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:05 am 
Local

Yorik wrote:

Silver was the main currency just about everywhere. You could get strung up for passing around gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:05 pm 
Addict

Not taking a bet on this one. Could be a couple of things.
Including 'The invisible demons are all around us' and 'motherfucking snipers'.

Post subject: Re: Got nothin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:33 pm 
Addict

Location: Hanging in the endless void with nothing but entropy and fluff for company.
Evader wrote:

"A pity for you," he mused, "that one of your Sisters is not here. I was never very skilled at Healing, and I follow a different power now. But even one of them could only give you a few lucid minutes, if you did not destroy her first. What I can do will serve as well, for my purposes." His sudden smile was cruel. "But I fear Shai'tan's healing is different from the sort you know. Be healed, Lews Therin!" He extended his hands, and the light dimmed as if a shadow had been laid across the sun.

*cough*

Eye of the World by Robert Jordan, though I think the name Elan Morin is bullshit. I'm pretty sure it was Ishamael.

Jin wrote:
...I cursed at the computer screen for an hour and a half while striking it with my genitals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:40 pm 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:
<i>"The Cure,"</i> always a fav group with fans of the classics.

Very OT, but I always thought that a particular line of Agent Smith would make an awesome segue into the start of a Cure concert...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:16 pm 
Expatriate

Wrin wrote:
Evader wrote:

*cough*

Eye of the World by Robert Jordan, though I think the name Elan Morin is bullshit. I'm pretty sure it was Ishamael.

Ishamael was his real name. Elan Morin Tedronai was his 'title', similar to Lews Therin's title of Dragon. In the Old Tongue it means Betrayer of Hope. Ishamael only ever gets called that in the Prologue, if I remember correctly, but I'm not certain.

By the by, Evader? GOD DAMN YOU. Because of you now I've got the desire to re-read all the books again. <i>Damnit!<i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:43 pm 
Local

Tiamat wrote:
Wrin wrote:
Evader wrote:

*cough*

Ishamael was his real name. Elan Morin Tedronai was his 'title', similar to Lews Therin's title of Dragon. In the Old Tongue it means Betrayer of Hope. Ishamael only ever gets called that in the Prologue, if I remember correctly, but I'm not certain.

By the by, Evader? GOD DAMN YOU. Because of you now I've got the desire to re-read all the books again. <i>Damnit!<i>

You got that backwards. Elan Morin was his real name, back when he was a extreme! philospher during the local utopian age. Tedronai was the name he got tacked on for being a very good extreme! philospher. "Ishamael", "The Betrayer of Hope", etc. is what he got called for the following feat of extreme! philosphy:

"For millenia, the human race has asked this question: Does God exist? Is he in fact 'dead', either an obsolete whimsy of our primitive forbearers or an actual being that has entirely removed himelf from the mundane functions of his creation? Well bollocks if I know. What I have done is conclusively prooven the existance of Satan, aka Shai'tan, Beelzebub, Left-handed Humingbird, Tiamat... anyways, we've had a grand old time discusing things together and planning out your deaths and subsequent eternal damnations and I'd like you to meet him. Cheers!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:06 pm 
Tourist

Despite this I keep wondering why he hasn't helped that girl with her horrendous cough.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next