ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:32 pm 
Expatriate

Ah yes, the first rule of inefficient magic use. When the first spell doesn't succeed, add more power and try again. Actually, that's probably the first rule of lots of cheap sci-fi, too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:34 pm 
Green Text

No One wrote:
Ah yes, the first rule of dbz. When the first spell doesn't succeed, add more power and try again. Actually, that's probably the first rule of lots of cheap sci-fi, too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:07 pm 
Expatriate

Quote:
No One wrote:
Ah yes, the first rule of dbz. When the first spell doesn't succeed, add more power and try again. Actually, that's probably the first rule of lots of cheap sci-fi, too...

"Fixed" I presume? :-P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:14 pm 
Local

I kinda of thought maybe Leah was going to be missing her nipples as a genetic abnormality, lol.

Once she comes off the hard end of Ian's magical rape adventure, I wonder what it'll do to Ian. Prophet or evil magical dictator?

Still not sure about Ian. He's kind of a good guy, but then again, with a last name like Samael, he's got a direct link to stan*.

*sorry, that's supposed to say Satan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:43 pm 
Expatriate

I just thought that I should point out that Ian is crying. It's relatively subtle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:48 pm 
Addict

GWhite wrote:
I just thought that I should point out that Ian is crying. It's relatively subtle.

Yes. He is showing the three women how easily he could have cured his sister.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:31 pm 
n00b

It appears that the possibility remains open that he is changing her into a copy of one of his dead family members. After all, those old clothes aren't necessarily going to fit a different person's body anyway.

Post subject: Re: *raises*
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:05 pm 
Expatriate

THE HISPANICS wrote:
Everyone that likes the way healing works in ES, please raise their hands.

moi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:48 pm 
Addict

Boss Out of Town wrote:

Fast, yes. Easy, not so much. And now with only moderate ribcage shittage.
And hopefully she doesn't spend the rest of her, now vastly expanded, lifespan screaming in agony and madness.

You probably don't think that I can force this towel down your throat. But trust me, I can. All the way. Except I'd hold onto this one little bit at the end. When your stomach starts to digest it, I pull it out. Taking your stomach lining with it. For most people it would take about a week to die. It's very painful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:17 am 
Local

No One wrote:
Ah yes, the first rule of inefficient magic use. When the first spell doesn't succeed, add more power and try again. Actually, that's probably the first rule of lots of cheap sci-fi, too...

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:23 am 
&lt;Insert Witty Custom Title Here&gt;

Labrat wrote:
You probably don't think that I can force this towel down your throat. But trust me, I can. All the way. Except I'd hold onto this one little bit at the end. When your stomach starts to digest it, I pull it out. Taking your stomach lining with it. For most people it would take about a week to die. It's very painful.

I recognize that quote. That's Jack Bauer right about to screw some guy over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:30 am 
Addict

DarkTemplar4ever wrote:
Labrat wrote:

I understand Jack Bauer maims, tortures, or threatens to torture someone during interrogation every other episode. In that particular case, I'd only talk after I got through laughing my ass off at the overwrought scripting.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:59 am 
Local

Go away for the holidays and return to some magical primal scream therapy.

Labrat wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:

Fast, yes. Easy, not so much. And now with only moderate ribcage shittage.
And hopefully she doesn't spend the rest of her, now vastly expanded, lifespan screaming in agony and madness.

My bet is on this scenario - painful healing gone wrong. Still, we'll have to see how Poe plays this out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:31 am 
Green Text

No One wrote:
Quote:
No One wrote:

"Fixed" I presume? :-P

We decided a while back that typing "fixed" and "qft" was a little redundant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:02 pm 
Addict

Here is a possibility that, while it does not truely convince me, has halfway interesting implications.
While the gods were deeply involved in the creation of elves, it is very possible that humans naturally evolved while the gods weren't looking. The bitch goddess inhabiting Ian would therefore not know how a half-elf is actually supposed to go together and Ian isn't a doctor so he wouldn't be able to correct her. She would either terribly fuck up the job (where I placed my bet) or would put her back together as something she actually understands... namely a full-blooded elf. All the human parts might actually be considered random aberrations that are actually part of the disease.

Another very good possibility is that the goddess is not actively supplying info so Ian is fixing Hacky McCoughcough by trial and error. 'Whoops... that doesn't work right. Um, that doesn't work right either. Lets try this...' He might get it right in the end but his solutions to biologival problems might be completly different from how the gods originally designed bipedal organisms. The poor woman might end up menstruating out her nose after this.

Even if she walks away perfectly 'healthy', she might still think she got the sour end of the deal.
Some cures are worse than the disease. Even if the disease involves death.

The unbiased opinion of most medical men of sound judgment and long experience holds that the amount of death and disaster in the world would be less if all disease were left to itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:14 pm 
Local

DarkTemplar4ever wrote:
Labrat wrote:

Season 1 goodness. The first time he went renegade without CTU support, as I recall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:54 pm 
Local

Labrat wrote:
Here is a possibility that, while it does not truely convince me, has halfway interesting implications.
While the gods were deeply involved in the creation of elves, it is very possible that humans naturally evolved while the gods weren't looking. The bitch goddess inhabiting Ian would therefore not know how a half-elf is actually supposed to go together and Ian isn't a doctor so he wouldn't be able to correct her. She would either terribly fuck up the job (where I placed my bet) or would put her back together as something she actually understands... namely a full-blooded elf. All the human parts might actually be considered random aberrations that are actually part of the disease.

Another very good possibility is that the goddess is not actively supplying info so Ian is fixing Hacky McCoughcough by trial and error. 'Whoops... that doesn't work right. Um, that doesn't work right either. Lets try this...' He might get it right in the end but his solutions to biologival problems might be completly different from how the gods originally designed bipedal organisms. The poor woman might end up menstruating out her nose after this.

Even if she walks away perfectly 'healthy', she might still think she got the sour end of the deal.
Some cures are worse than the disease. Even if the disease involves death.

The unbiased opinion of most medical men of sound judgment and long experience holds that the amount of death and disaster in the world would be less if all disease were left to itself.

While I agree that Anilis probably isn't familiar with half-elven anatomy (even if the elf gods did create humans, I think they were hibernating by the time there were any half-elves), I don't see any reason to believe Ian isn't. He did study healing magic under Maxwel for a while, after all, so he presumably knows how a healthy half-elven body works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:11 pm 
Tourist

Quote:
The bitch goddess inhabiting Ian would therefore not know how a half-elf is actually supposed to go together and Ian isn't a doctor so he wouldn't be able to correct her. She would either terribly fuck up the job (where I placed my bet) or would put her back together as something she actually understands... namely a full-blooded elf.
Or she gets rebuilt as a (full-sized) Paedagogusi.

(I keep wondering whether the apparent visual similarities between Nookie & Kawaii and Leah & Riley are more than a coincidence.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:41 pm 
Addict

Its not a coinkidink only because all four parties wer designed by Poe and are thus limited to those archetypes of women which he perceives win the world. And note that a human sized moth with tits would be damn near godlike in its own right. Able to survive a nuke, able to lift literally tons of weight... and I won't even want to think about flight speed. The lack of generative organs, or even places down low that feel good, would suck to high heaven though.

I don't buy it for a second... but this is the wellspring of all unfounded speculation after all.

Please don't go. The Drones need you. They look up to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:24 pm 
Local

Noooo! No sex organs!

I wonder if their breasts feel things like mine?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next