ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:01 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
Hey, it may have been utter drech but remember this, the author did it for the money. He wasn't chained to his drawing table with anything but yen, lots and lots of yen. He could have just said "No' at any time.

But, OTOH, he could have done a better job at the drech that he created.

Sufficiently large chunks of cash would get me to bite too :wink:

Actualy, I'm kind of desagree with you here.

The editor had a contract of exclusivity, and refuse to have anything else publish from the autor if he wasn't continuing the serie.

Breaking or terminating the contract was synonym of having to wait a long time to have the right to publish with an other editor without legal pursuit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:26 am 
Local

Sorcerer wrote:
For those of you who did not get the reference. The One Winged Angle, is the battle theme of sephiroth. And if you don't know who sephiroth is? I must ask. Where in the name of fucking fuck-fuck have you ben!

Oh, we got the reference. But the song is "One-Winged Angel". We were just having fun with a typo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:29 am 
Expatriate

Neko7 wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Hey, it may have been utter drech but remember this, the author did it for the money. He wasn't chained to his drawing table with anything but yen, lots and lots of yen. He could have just said "No' at any time.

But, OTOH, he could have done a better job at the drech that he created.

Sufficiently large chunks of cash would get me to bite too :wink:

Actualy, I'm kind of desagree with you here.

The editor had a contract of exclusivity, and refuse to have anything else publish from the autor if he wasn't continuing the serie.

Breaking or terminating the contract was synonym of having to wait a long time to have the right to publish with an other editor without legal pursuit...

Well whatever infernal corporate machinations and human(s) greed are to blame, the result was truly monstrous and horrific to even describe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:21 am 
Green Text

Sorcerer wrote:
For those of you who did not get the reference (that would be none of us). The One Winged Angle, (misspelled it twice in a row now) is the battle theme of sephiroth. And if you don't know who sephiroth is? (see first comment. also, try not to make a fool of yourself in the future)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:16 am 
Tourist

Kest wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:
For those of you who did not get the reference (that would be none of us). The One Winged Angle, (misspelled it twice in a row now) is the battle theme of sephiroth. And if you don't know who sephiroth is? (see first comment. also, try not to make a fool of yourself in the future)

In other words, never assume that everyone in the world plays the same computer games you play?

I promise to make no references to Civ IV in this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:38 pm 
Addict

Neko7 wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
snip
snip

Yeah, basically they gave him the choice of trying to live off of the DB money he would make and not be able to produce anything new for awhile, or try to churn out a new series.

But now look at him. He owns a big ass house.

Sorceror wrote:
For those of you who did not get the reference. The One Winged Angle, is the battle theme of sephiroth. And if you don't know who sephiroth is? I must ask. Where in the name of fucking fuck-fuck have you ben!

L2S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:47 am 
Expatriate

whuz Civ IV is it some kinda explosive compound like C-4? and who is Sephiroth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:30 am 
Local

Mestro wrote:
whuz Civ IV is it some kinda explosive compound like C-4?

Depends who's playing, really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:39 am 
Tourist

Lindley wrote:
Mestro wrote:
whuz Civ IV is it some kinda explosive compound like C-4?

Depends who's playing, really.

Civilization IV is one of the best historical games out, even if it insists that a Viking horde from the days of Olaf Forkbeard has exactly the same offensive striking power as the 1st Marine Division in the reign of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Very addictive, so it can blow your daily schedule, your career, and your love life into small bloody bits. I have my wife keep all of my Civ disks hidden in her office when I'm trying to write.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:44 am 
n00b

Quote:
That story is set in a Hindustani culture complete with immortality through high-tech mind transfers into specially grown replacement bodies.

GHOLAS? ARE THOSE YOU? Yes, I know, fundamental differences between using tech and trauma to awaken latent memories.

Also, to bring in a segue: In Fatal Fury: the Motion Picture, the villian was pseudo possessed by the armor he sought, which was a result of the spirit of the original wearer of the armor trying to reconstitute his body.

Something similar could be happening here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:28 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Shengokai wrote:
Also, to bring in a segue: In Fatal Fury: the Motion Picture, the villian was pseudo possessed by the armor he sought, which was a result of the spirit of the original wearer of the armor trying to reconstitute his body.

That was introduced by H. Beam Piper, in one of his books, which I forget the name of. Actually, it was an entire series. It was also published in the 60's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:01 pm 
n00b

I would like to acquire said books, for possessed armor/items/weapons have been mainstays in my D&D campaigns. Nothing better than the party realizing that the "holy relics" they have been searching for are the instrument of their doom.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4