ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: THESE FORUMS WILL BE CLOSING DOWN NEXT WEEK!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:42 pm 
Addict

Our boards on Kyhm's should close down permanently by next Monday, August 27th. The link to the forums on the Errant Story site will change over and be updated as soon as the new site design that lets us change things like that is done.

The shiny new forums are at forums.errantstory.com. They are, currently, live, but they'll be going off and on while we test various things about them for probably the next week or so.

Please, head over and check them out. You'll need to register a new account to post, and you won't be able to change e-mail addresses once you do so, so please use an address where you will actually get any e-mail we send to it, because that could be important later on. Also, we will eventually be tying wiki accounts to forum accounts on that board, so if you plan to edit the wiki, please make sure your account on the new forum is a username that you'll want to use everywhere within this particular fan community.

^-^'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:20 pm 
Addict

And we are off and running!

That is, I registered at the new forum, it promised me an email to confirm the registration, and I haven't received one. Still some bugs in the system, apparently.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:37 pm 
Addict

Oh, for the love of...

If it hasn't arrived by tomorrow morning, send me an e-mail from the address you want to use, tell me if you want to keep this username, and I'll set one up for you manually.

Oh, but do check under spam... it's being sent from a gmail address with random letters and numbers.

-_-'

Edit: Nevermind, I activated you already. Go forth and postify.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:40 am 
Local

If feasible, it might be good to try to keep this up on a read-only basis for a little while after it nominally closes. Some "data mining" still needs to go on, to get various Poe-isms moved over to the wiki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:02 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

i doubt the forum will be deleted. All the other inactive forums have been locked and archived in <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/index.php?c=7">Primordial Ooze</a>, and i expect that's what will happe here too, so this forum should stay around for a long time, if not indefinitely. It just won't be open to new posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:20 pm 
Tourist

is there some reason the FORUMS link from the www.errantstory.com main page is still pointing at the the old forums rather than the new ones?

(i.e., seeing as the new ones are now up and you now want people to be switching away from the old ones.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:29 pm 
Expatriate

I believe that the main ES page is due for a major overhaul as well - I think that's one of those things that's going to get changed when it gets rolled, which should be shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:13 pm 
Addict

The reason is that I cannot find where to change it and expect it to stay changed.

-_-'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:34 am 
Local

I have the same problem, I asked for an e-mailed activation number twice and still haven't received it and it's three days later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:42 am 
Expatriate

Try logging in to the new forums... they show that you are successfully activated. If they still don't work, I can reforce it and set you a new password... it's what worked for Forrest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:04 pm 
Local

I registered, but I haven't received an email, and I did check my spam trap. I just had it resend my activation email, I'll let you know if it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:09 pm 
Expatriate

I'm guessing by the fact that it still showed you as unregistered that it was fail.

I've now forced your registry through, you should be fine.

Anyone else?

xx>>EDIT<<xx

Last edit of the Apocalypse, anyone?

If you're STILL stuck trying to register for Impy's new board, just PM me here or drop me a line at drakkenzero@gmail.com and I'll unstick you.

Until then... peace out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]