ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:15 am 
Addict

I bet ya he's dead now. XD

And the purges? What of the purges...

Well, now we get not only the flashbacks to when Sarine got pregnant... but the TWO THOUSAND YEARS OR SO LEADING UP TO NOW!!! XD

-BiShouNenKaMi
Yep... I'm hooked. How 'bout y'all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:18 am 
n00b

Still it builds up the tension

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:19 am 
Expatriate

Amazing. It's like two millenia passed in the span of a couple days. I guess I need to lay off the Nyquil and Tequila shots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:22 am 
Addict

Raaaah! I feel evil intent flowing through my veins! To compensate, I must deride at least one person on this forum today!

"Flea!
Flea fly mosquito!
Calamine!
Calamine calamine calamine lotion!
Oh, no more calamine lotion...
Itchy-witchy, scratchy-wratchy up and down my backywacky..."
*Snip! Rest of rhyme deleted for decency reasons*

BWAHAHAHA! Have I derided you yet, Flea? Oh, I'm so EVIL! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

There, evil intent's gone. Now I can go back to posting pr0n.

P.S. Seriously, you do not want to know the rest of that rhyme. I wouldn't even subject Hitler to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:10 am 
Tourist

Poe sucks for building up our anticipation like this. :grin:

I think he's intentionally trying to bring on physical ailments to us all like premature ejaculation or impotency thru pent up web comic anticipation.

Bad Poe. Bad Poe. My wife will be upset with you if I can't perform tonight after work. And I'm blaming ES...not the amount of beer I consume at happy hour.

Happiness is a hermit who lives on a hill an speaks to no one. Joy is the money that he buries in the yard and forgets where it is. He dies and all the neighbors of the world come digging, finding nothing, but at least they had their little daydream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:13 am 
Addict

Um... yeah... sure...

*side steps and moves on*

I think the anticipation is the best part. It means that when I finally sit down years from now and read my full color Errant Story, I'll have a complete story, with perfect buildup, fluid plot, and suspense out the ass...

-BiShouNenKaMi
Though this is years from now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:22 pm 
Addict

Leave it to Bishou to be thinking long term.

Of course I'm enjoying this just for the simple facts that

A. It's another work by Poe
B. It's different than EN
C. I'm high and horny for elves

Any other reasons I should have?
I didnt think so.

As for the storyline, this is great just as it is. We now know that there's something about Sarine and her daughter so we're not out in left field when the two collide.

I'll just wait until Monday for the new comic.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:38 pm 
n00b

This is the part that I hate about webcomics. You get a kick ass no spoken line comic after a 2000 year wait, and you have to wait til Monday before you get the next glimpse into whats happening now.

At least this 2000 years doesnt push them so far into the future that computers look like aliens and can network just by holding hands... this is a good 2000 years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:04 pm 
Expatriate

Let's hear it for once-per-day strips...still, I suppose if you want to have EN/ES or Megatokyo quality artwork, you gotta be willing to give the artist a little more time.

Oh well, back to Sluggy and PvP...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:22 pm 
Local

You know, Piro gets a hell of a lot of praise for his artwork but really, i dont see why.

It is very very generic. The female characters are pretty similar. Yes, he can draw, yes, it looks smooth but it isnt really that good.

He has obviously drawn a lot, he can draw well but, to me at least, it lacks any real feeling or emotion.

BLM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLM on 2002-11-17 12:26 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:34 pm 
Expatriate

T.T I'm so happy, I'm nearly cring. I'll probably reread EN while I wait, or play a video game.

MT does have emotion, but it's for cute japanese school girls. w00t

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:49 pm 
Addict

MT's more valuable for its story than its art . . . Fred's style is unique to his comic, and for that I'm appreciative, but it does lack a bit of emotion.

Lately, though, he's been adding a bit more emotion to the art and the story, which has started to pull it out of the horrid decline into stagnation he's been experiencing.

Going insane and losing his job have so far been good to him.

Maybe if this keeps up he'll get half as good as Poe's been so far with ES.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:54 pm 
Expatriate

I guess I'm just an cold, emotionless bastard or something...Mr. Gallagher's characters always seemed pretty realistic and expressive to me. Especially Piro, though I think that's largely because I see his most common expressions on people at school and work a lot...the confused, hang-dog look seems to be big in America right now. And the girls, well, I can't look at any of them and immediatly compare her to another anime heroine, which is about as unique as you can get with the manga style. There's only so many variations on the theme...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:05 pm 
Local

*blinks*

It seems the ES forums have been taken over by MT. . . .

Oh well, works for me *big doofy grin*

Kimiko is my favorite MT girl because she seems more real than the others and I can relate to her feelings more.

Poe has us dancing on strings waiting for the next update *whips out her chair* Guess I'm stuck on the edge of my collapsing/foldable chair for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:16 pm 
Addict

Oh, don't worry. In a few posts, we'll be off the subject anyway . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:31 am 
Expatriate

Would you be willing to elucidiate on that, BLM?

"It lacks feeling" usually seems to translate to "I didn't like it, I can't put my finger on why, and I certainly cna't come up with a reason to convince others that it's not good"
I'd say that anyone who spends the amount of time that most webcomic artists put into their work, and then are actually willing to put it in a public forum wher eit is bound to acquire a great deal of derision regadless of merit, have obviously put ALOT of feeling into their work.

Now, I'm a sucker for romantic subplots, and I adore Hayasaka-san, but what most intrigues me about MT is the difference in viewpoints between Largo and Piro. They very literally seem to live in different worlds, btut here are a few characters, like Dom, Ed, and Koseki-chan that bridge between the two, and I wonder what would happen if Largo's zombie hordes managed to invade Piro's world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:30 am 
Local

Well. It's just his style. He uses a pretty generic style to draw his characters. To me, this limits the amount of emotional information they convey. Also they rarely seem dynamic.

This recent strip has a character running in the first panel (im shit at names). Yes, he has the eyes done the proper way, yes, he has the body correctly proportioned etc BUT it doesnt seem to have any actual action in it.

He also uses generic managa style vacial features for emotions. I find that these comunicate the intention just fine, but aren't actually as emotionally involving as some other artists styles.

If you take the image in the Banner at the top of this page. It has sarine (?) in a pose. She looks ready to strike, you can see the tension in her body and it looks like she is actually about to move.

Thats the difference in style im talking about.

I think that Piro's style could be mimiced easily by just folowing text boks on how to draw manga. Poe's style is more personalised and actually shows originality in how it has developed.

Similarly sinfest and ozy and millie have their own styles and get you more involved directly from the image, without need for backround info.

As you can see, im not good at explaining my thoughts in text. That is why i stuck with "it lacks feeling".

BLM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLM on 2002-11-19 09:33 ]</font>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]