ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:36 am 
Addict

Quote:
On 2002-12-29 13:24, Guybrush Threepwood wrote:

"good races"
Space marines
Imperial Guard
Eldar
Tau?

"Bad"
Orcs
Chaos space marines
necrons
dark eldar

Yeah tau are most definatly good, too good infact, they are far too nice for their own good. There also arogent, they think that their a major power in the universe, that they have lots of troops, its fun because the Imperials have more guys on one hive world than they do in a whole system.

And you should also add Tyranids to the bad list, and Kroot Mercs to a general "fights for both sides" column

"We Legion know what it be like to be warjack. When death comes, I die bleeding oil and sparks like metal brothers. When death comes, I die in steam." - Deidric Harkinos, veteran of the Man-O-War Legion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:44 am 
Native

yeah this sounds interesting, i'll be a part of this. of course i know nothing about W40K. even less than Barghest. but i'll be willing to learn. and which race would my avatar fit into the best. if any race matches that style at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:58 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

are you guys going to RP armies, squads, or characters. i could handle a character, a space wolf most likely.

what about a hive city that's getting infected by genestealer cults, then is attacked by tyranids? the story could go in three parts,

the 'infection' where the 'good' characters are either local authorities or the inquisitor types i know nothing about,

the 'invasion' where the tyranids attack the world, and space marines must defend the city,

and the the 'escape' where a small group of survivors have to get off the now overrun world in them iddle of messy battle.

just some ideas, at any rate. consider this my 'expression of interest'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:46 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
I wanted to give people the freedom to choose whatever race they wanted, but on a hive world i think it would only be one race. And again it would be most likely humans. But i'm willing to do that over the city fight idea. I myself don't know alot about warhammer so don't look to me for knowledge in that area, i just like it as a basis for an RP. But Atenor, is there a world where the races mix dfreely? If not then i'll need people to vote for one of the two ideas, city fight thing or hive world infection.

Guybrush: Even BEFORE they smell your breath?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:04 pm 
Native

i say we do a city fight thing. sounds much more interesting. of course that could be that i know nothing about hive worlds. city fights are much more familiar, so i'd be good with that one :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:40 am 
Addict

Quote:
Hive worlds
Population: <500,000,000,000>100,000,000,000
Tithe Grade: Decuma Particular-Exactis Extremis
Aggregate: 1,400
Aestimare: B50-E400
Comments: Surface generally inhospitable, even deadly, to human life after centuries of processing. Urban conglmerations called Hives, many miles in height, are the principle popultion centers. Factory, mining and atmosphere processing are main industries. High import/export ratio, particularly foodstuffs and fresh water incoming.

Cross-reference: Armageddon, Avelorn, Ichar IV, Necromunda.

Taken from the 40k rule book.

Also there are some worlds in Tau space where their are several races, but this is only done when the Tau want mercs to fight a war. There are few, if any, worlds where their are different races that don't fight each other.

"We Legion know what it be like to be warjack. When death comes, I die bleeding oil and sparks like metal brothers. When death comes, I die in steam." - Deidric Harkinos, veteran of the Man-O-War Legion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:27 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
Wheres your vote Antenor?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:31 pm 
Native

ah, well with that newfound knowledge about hive worlds, i still vote city fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:04 am 
Addict

A cityfight sounds good, but how would we figure the Iron Warriors into this, they aren't one of the nicer races (their followers of Chaos if you don't know). Also note that the people that live in a hive city aren't all that nice, their are often several gangs that often fight each other, and anyone else thats around.

On another and completly different topic, I've finised converting my Iron Warriors deamon prince and he's ready for painting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:36 pm 

perhaps the iron warriors lost some precious artefact on this world in the big heresy way back when, and it has only been recently figured out it was THIS particular planet, and THIS particular hive.

i'm very much either or, i can create me a character to fit into whichever scenario.

perhaps a scenario where there is a particular object of importance on a world overrun by Tyranid life, and pretty much every race wants to get their hands on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:09 am 
Addict

Give me some time to think about it and I may be able to come up with something good.

Maybe a warp portal or something like what was seen in one of the =I= battle reports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:45 pm 
Expatriate

*Battlesuit noisely jets into the street, hatch pops open*

My Railguns are warm and waiting... did I miss the party?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:28 am 
Addict

Nope, you haven't missed it, where still planning what to fight over, though I think that it is set in stone that we are doing a cityfight. Also what type of battlesuit, as some can be abit powerful (though I'm hardly one speak, I'm a space marine)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:38 pm 
Local

Hmmmm, i have yet to decide what kinda character i'll play. Maybe an Eldar exarch, or an IG commisar... Or no HQ choices for characters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:56 am 
Addict

I've done some thinking and I've come up with a few reasons why some of the races would be fighting.

Orks: They just love to fight, though they might be raiding to get more tech for there Teleporta's.

Tyranids: Lots of food for them to eat on a hive world, nuff said

Necrons: Lots of life for them to kill on a hive world, nuff said.

Space Marines: There to stop the nids and the necrons maybe?

I'll think of some others, or you lot could help give me ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:31 am 
Addict

I've had an excelent idea!

Does anyone remember the last 40k worldwide campain?

Namely the 3rd war for Armaggedon.

For those that don't know this was when the orks invaded it for the second time, (the other time was by the world eaters). The main thing is that all the races can to armaggedon in one form or another.

Heres a link to its web site
http://www.armageddon3.com

What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:16 am 
Addict

Okay I've got it.

In the 3rd war for armaggedon one of the hives was assaulted from the inside by the orks and captured.The imperials barracade the orks inside the hive with big guns.

What I think we should do would be to recreate this with our own slant on it. The orks have brought in the Iron Warriors to break the siege. Genestealers have formed a cult in the hive, unknown to the others. the Imperials (including the Blood Angels 3rd company, so Antenor may turn up) are maning the guns, as well as leading some assualts on the hive. Tau and eldar are help hold the orks, but are doing it on their own and not really trusting the imperials.

What I surggest is that each player takes an armie and leads it through this siege.

What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:40 am 
Local

I don't know i was thinking more about each of us controling an independant chharacter from a different race, thrown together by fate they must work together against racial tensions to reach and or complete and objective which is mutually beneficial. thats why i divided up good and bad races, we each choose a character from the good races and the bad races have defeated us and are fighting over the city between each other because they are all thats left. I think whole armies would be too complicated, especially when some people don't know the rules. I'm also worrying about the number of people who actually want to partcipate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:34 am 
Addict

I don't know, I think it could be good, we could have it go on with lots of developments along the way (I'm thinking that if it goes like I plan, then my Iron Warrior guy will find something important to him, and to future events). And besides, if people don't know things, we can always tell them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:06 am 

hmmm, i think bot aspects can work, an overall battle going on in the background, with character interaction and attempts to survive on a smaller scale, sort of small events inside much larger events.